Until we understand the extent of the spread of the infection, we are curtailing many of the activities of students housed in the main building.
- We will maintain 2 cohorts, however, upper dorm students will go down for their meals first and we are asking Team 2 to utilize the outdoor space, weather permitting, or the big room.
- We are asking each team leader to be diligent about keeping their respective teams together, and separate from other teams, while in the dining room.
- Staff may continue to sit with their students at the table.
- Since we have removed all the hand sanitizing stations, please encourage your teams to increase their hand washing protocol before and after meals.
- We will move to modified programming for the rest of the week and into the weekend as we return to cohorts. Please check in with Jamie/Brendon regarding the details.
- Clubs scheduled for today and tomorrow will be cancelled.
- We will not be hosting family visits this Sunday for families whose student is on team 1, 2, 5 or 6.
- Moffat house families can still plan for a weekend visit, assuming that all the Moffat House students remain healthy.
We will be conducting daily rapid antigen testing for the main building over the next few days to determine potential spread.
Students that were on the camping trip with Team 2 are asked not to partake in community activities.
As you may have heard, Ontario’s Medical Officer of Health announced the province will be dropping almost all of its remaining mask mandates. with the exception of long term care and retirement homes, effective June 11th.
Pine River Institute will be removing the mandatory mask mandate for all staff, students, and visitors to our Mulmur Campus and Lang House, however, given we currently have confirmed cases on campus, masks will continue to be mandatory until we are out of outbreak.