She thanks me almost every day for sending her to Pine River. I knew my kid was still in there; I'm so grateful to Pine River for helping her find her way back to us.
- PRI Parent
Pine River Institute is a residential treatment centre and outdoor leadership experience for youth 13 to 19 struggling with addictive behaviours and often other mental health issues.
If you think Pine River might be the right choice, the steps to admission are outlined below. If you would prefer to speak to us first, please contact our Admissions Director, John Mallon at 1-519-925-9225 ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1.Complete our INITIAL SCREENER. This will take about 10 minutes.
2. After the Admissions Department reviews your screener, you will be contacted and asked to complete and submit our comprehensive ENROLMENT APPLICATION. This will take a few hours.
3. If there is a potential match between the youth and PRI, you will be asked to submit relevant SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (e.g., discharge summaries, transcripts, family history, psycho/educational tests).
4. After submitting all required documents, the Admissions Department will review your family’s file and you may be placed on our admissions WAIT LIST. We do have a limited number of beds that are not covered by our Ministry of Health but may be paid for privately. (Please contact John Mallon at 1-519-925-9225 ext. 102 for more information.)
5. Close to the scheduled admission, your family will be invited for an on-site ASSESSMENT. The assessment is an opportunity for us to get to know each other, complete all remaining paperwork, and tour our campus.
6. On the day of admission, youth will begin their Pine River journey with the Outdoor Leadership Experience. Read more about our program here. It is at this time your deposit, trust account, and treatment FEES are required.
Pine River is a not-for-profit, fee-for-service program. We receive funding support from The Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care via the Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (TC-LHIN). Please click below to read more about our fees.
While you Wait
PRI recognizes that the application process and wait time can be stressful and overwhelming. We’re here to help!
Please contact our Admissions Director John Mallon if you have any questions or require support to complete the application process.
All I can say is a gigantic thank you. Because when you're facing the behaviours and outcomes that lead families to PRI it's incredibly frightening. You feel helpless because most of the standard options, you know in your heart they're not going to work. And then all of a sudden this ray of light called Pine River shows up.
- PRI Parent