Update on our Community
- All students received a rapid antigen test today
- 3 more Moffat House students have symptoms or have tested positive
- These students have been isolated and have completed PCR tests (awaiting results)
- All students in the Main Building are negative and symptom free
- Any weekend scheduled off-campus visits are, for now, postponed.
- No additional staff have tested positive for COVID-19.
If you are concerned you may be a close contact and have questions, please reach out to Jamie or Jennifer.
Update to our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
With the support of Public Health, we are gradually updating our COVID-19 policies to align more closely with general provincial guidance — rather than those of a high-risk congregate care setting. Our new policies will allow us to apply increased discretion depending on the levels of COVID-19 risk in the organization and in the community.
Our priority will continue to be the overall health and safety of the students, staff, and families.
Students presenting with COVID-19 symptoms, will isolate and be given rapid antigen test immediately and a PCR test as soon as possible
- Bedrest and monitoring of symptoms
- If symptoms are improving, rapid test again in 24-48 hours
- After two consecutive negative tests, students can be released from isolation.
- Providing the student is fully vaccinated and that their symptoms have been improving for at least 24 hours (48 if GI issues), students can be released from isolation after 5 days.
- During days 5-10, students will be asked to increase diligence around mask-wearing
Staff members who do not pass the screening are not to attend work, may take a rapid test, and obtain a PCR test
- Stay at home and monitor symptoms.
- If symptoms are improving, rapid test in 24-48 hours.
- After two consecutive negative tests, staff members may return to work.
- Providing the staff member is fully-boosted and that their symptoms have been improving for at least 24 hours (48 if GI issues), staff may return to work after 5 days.
- During days 5-10, staff members will be asked to increase diligence around mask-wearing at work and maintain social distance during meal times.
- If the staff member is supporting an unvaccinated student, alternative schedules will need to be implemented during days 5-10.
Student Close Contacts
Students no longer need to isolate if they are:
- Asymptomatic and
- Over 18 and boostered/Under 18 and fully-vaccinated
- OR, they have tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 90 days
- Be diligent about mask-wearing outside of their bedroom
- Continue with their programming (though programming will be curtailed/managed to take into consideration community transmission and the needs of the students)
- Have surveillance rapid tests during this period of time
Unvaccinated students who are close contacts are required to isolate for 5 days and monitor symptoms from days 5-10.
Staff Close Contacts
Staff no longer need to self-isolate if you live with a COVID-positive individual provided you are:
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the previous 90 days.
- Self monitor for symptoms for 10 days
- Be diligent about mask-wearing while at work
- Maintain social distance during meals
- Increase surveillance rapid antigen testing
If the staff member is supporting an unvaccinated student, alternative schedules will need to be implemented during days 5-10.
These updates do reduce the amount of time in isolation for students and time away from work for our staff, however, it is consistent with current guidance, and is a good risk mitigated approach for our organization.