Location: Campus, Mulmur ON
Reports to: Clinical Director
Salary: $85000+commensurate with experience
The ideal candidates will possess strong leadership, communication and positive role modeling skills and will possess a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Provide Clinical Leadership with a team of staff and students
- Ensure the safety, both physical and emotional, of the students, advising and managing crisis situations as necessary
- Ensure that the therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plans for the students are realized
- Provide individual and family therapy
- Develop, document, and deliver individual therapeutic treatment plans for individual students and their families that are consistent with and supportive of the Institute’s program.
- Provide clinical guidance and developmental supervision to Youth Counsellors (YC’s) regarding students’ needs and their therapeutic treatment plans, completion of YC performance development plans, collaborating with YC’s to set realistic goals to improve their skills.
- Participate in the HR interviewing process for new hires to your team
- Ensure the appropriate , accurate and timely flow of reports and communication with parents and students, team staff, and PRI community as necessary
- Develop and sustain appropriate interpersonal relationships with students, direct reports, peers and supervisors and community stakeholders to ensure open, constructive communication critical to the success of the program
- Participate in research and evaluation activities
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Masters degree in a relevant therapeutic field
- Registration with a relevant professional association
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, with at least 3 years in a residential treatment facility and/or wilderness program is preferred
- Demonstrated solid ability in providing individual and family therapy
- Experience in working with adolescents , addictions and mental health issues
- Familiarity with Relational, Systemic, and Experiential approaches to working with youth and their families
- Previous experience with treatment planning is essential
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively with professional , collaborative groups
- Proven ability to make and sustain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Strong, flexible and results-driven style
- Excellent demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Clear certification of Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check is required
- Understands the benefit and has experience in outdoor therapeutic programming
We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jess Bondy, Human Resources Manager, [email protected] or by Fax 519-925-9002 or mail to 606060 River Road Mulmur ON L9V 0S9.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA}, Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are nondiscriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview