Start Date: November, 2021 Location: Shelburne, Ontario Wage: $16.50/hour
The ideal candidate will possess a passion for healthy cooking, good time management skills, able to multitask and the ability to work well unsupervised. This position would appeal to someone who enjoys cooking fresh, simple meals for large groups of people (40-60 persons). This role works at our campus location near Shelburne.
- Prepare nutritious meals for students, staff and visitors
- Assist with maintaining the quality of food served, nutrition and cleanliness according to food safety regulations
- Assist in the integration of the kitchen as part of the overall educational experience available to the students.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in food service industry as a cook
- Experience cooking for those with dietary restrictions an asset.
- Experience in rotating bulk, frozen and fresh food
- Previous experience cooking for 50+
- Mature, reliable with a good sense of team
- Ability to work with no supervision
- Able to prioritize duties and work within time
- Police check and Vulnerable Sector Clearance required at candidates expense.
- Must have current certification in Ontario Food Handler’s
- Computer experience an asset
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should apply to Jess Bondy, Human Resources Coordinator by October 31, 2021 at email@example.com, or fax 519-925-9220, or mail to 606060 River Road, Mulmur ON L9V 0S9.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.