Location: Campus, Mulmur, Ontario
The ideal candidates will possess strong leadership, relationship, communication and positive role modeling skills. This position reports to the Team Therapist and Program Manager with responsibilities that include but are not limited to; organizing, leading and participating in student’s daily academic, work, recreational and therapeutic activities.
- Support all daily life-skill routines (self-care, cleaning, laundry, etc.)
- Guiding and supporting students’ engagement in daily programming schedule and campus expectations
- Facilitate/co-facilitate therapeutic groups/programming, group meetings & discussions
- Support family communications as necessary
- Provide classroom behaviour management and homework assistance during study hall programming.
- Support student organization and teamwork of scheduled chores
- Plan, organize and participate in holiday and community events, off-campus outings and team camp trips (may be overnight)
- Support the planning of transition & graduation ceremonies
- Development of student action plans
- Coordination of student recreational activities
- Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team to evaluate student progress and support individual plan modifications as required
- Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program are fulfilled
- Ensure individual therapeutic plan for the students are realized
- Manage and de-escalate conflictual and/or crisis situations (ie: student disagreements, AWOLs, etc.)
- Provide written reports as required in a timely and comprehensive manner
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Police Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Demonstrated sound judgement, integrity, patience, commitment and a sense of humour
- Diploma or University degree in relevant area
- Some experience and training with at risk child and youth practices
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development
- Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR
- Valid Driver’s License
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jess Bondy, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax at 519-925-9220 or mail to Administration Office at 485289 County Rd 11 Unit 1, Shelburne ON L9V 3M8.
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute ensures that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.