Location: Mulmur, Ontario
Reports to: Program Manager
The ideal internal candidate will have a strong understanding of the Pine River program’s philosophy and expectations as well as strong leadership skills and supervisory experience. The candidate will demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills.
Act as a leader and role model by overseeing the weekend day-day functioning of the Youth Counsellor team to ensure consistency with the overall program philosophy and structure, and support the therapeutic goals of the students, including daily routines, physical activity and life skills.
- Lead the Program schedule for the weekend, working closely with the Program Manager/Coordinator to ensure availability of resources.
- Ensure appropriate staffing for day and overnight shifts, contacting on call when appropriate
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to the staff team.
- Be a resource for staff and students when needed
- Manage all emergency and medical situations and contact on-call person when needed (e.g. AWOLs, altercations, and accusations).
- Act as the communicator/contact person for parents in the event of illness, injury or any emergency situations.
- Oversee the administration of student medication within the school, ensuring proper procedures are followed, and staff has signed off regarding medication administration responsibilities.
- Assist with orientation of new weekend staff to the program’s philosophy and expectations.
- Ensure all proper documentation is completed by the end of the shift.
- Lead and facilitate a Sunday group as needed
- Attend and contribute to the Clinical team meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- College/Undergraduate degree in relevant therapeutic field and/ or relevant work experience as a residential youth counsellor
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience managing and supervising staff and students
- Demonstrated track record of leading and working effectively with colleagues and other team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to make and sustain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Experience communicating with and managing parent requests considered an asset
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jess Bondy, Human Resources Manager; by email @ [email protected] or fax to 519-925-9220 or mail to 606060 River Road, Mulmur ON L9V 0S9 by May 1st, 2022.
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.