25-30 hours Mon-Fri
Start Date: April 2022
Location: Mulmur, Ontario,
Starting Wage: $28.00 (commensurate with experience)
- Lead, review and coordinate the health care documentation required to admit a new student to Pine River Institute.
- Manage on a day to day basis the medical needs of students; make recommendations, referrals, and appointments
- Lead the staff medical training requirements at PRI; medication distribution, allergic reactions, infection prevention and control
- Oversee the non-prescription and prescription needs of students by working closely with the PRI Physician/Pharmacy.
- Communicate medical needs to parents and keep them apprised of any changes
- Act as the primary contact for the PRI physician through ongoing consultation, coordination of weekly appointments and arranging any post appointment health care
- Lead proactive health care requirement of the Institute through auditing of first aid kits and team medical binders
- Manage the infection and prevention program
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Current Registered Practical Nurse certification from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Strong in-depth knowledge in a variety of clinical areas.
- Previous experience in mental health preferred
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and motivated
- Proficient in Word/Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Interest in working in a Youth Treatment Centre with mental health care partners
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jess Bondy, Human Resources Manager, [email protected] or by Fax 519-925-2405
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute ensures that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.