Location: Campus, Mulmur, Ontario
The ideal candidates will possess strong leadership, communication, an ability to maintain clear boundaries, positive role-modeling skills, and possess’ a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
Ensuring the physical and emotional safety of students during the night (10:00PM – 8:00AM) through visual checks every 15 minutes
• Remaining awake through the night and respond to all emergencies and incidents
• Providing exceptional leadership, mentoring and positive relationships with students
• Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team to evaluate student progress by keeping up to date with training, organizational updates
o Daily life routines
o Food preparation and related kitchen duties
• Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plan for the students are realized
• Complete any assigned administrative support duties
• Complete any supportive housekeeping/maintenance duties as assigned
• Manage and de-escalate conflictual and/or crisis situations (ie: student disagreements, AWOLs, etc.)
• Participate in an on-call rotation to support staffing schedule, as necessary
• Other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
• Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment and a sense of humour
• Some experience with and training in child and youth care practices
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional
• Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development
• Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR
• Valid Drivers License
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jess Bondy, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax at 519-925-9220 or mail to Administration Office at 485289 County Rd 11 Unit 1, Shelburne ON L9V 3M8
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute ensures that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.