Reports to: OLE Clinical Lead/Program Manager
Location: South River, ON
We are looking for individuals with the qualifications and related experience in Wilderness field work. This individual will demonstrate patience, integrity, commitment, and an ability to maintain clear boundaries, and a sense of humour.
- WFR with experience managing backcountry medical issues
- Minimum Bronze Cross Certification with NLS preferred
- B.A., B.Sc., or college diploma in related field
- Experience working with at-risk youth and young adults in a wilderness setting
- Clear certification of Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check
- Willingness to secure Canadian work permit, if required
- Ability to drive snowmobile, argo
Primary responsibilities in the field
- ensuring therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plan for the students are realized
- planning, preparing and understanding logistics and equipment needs while in the woods
- teaching basic wilderness/survival skills
- leading and coordinating daily travel and outdoor activities/initiatives, canoeing, hiking etc.
- ensuring student safety and well-being
- organizing, leading and participating in student’s daily activities
- participation in and facilitation of group meetings and discussions
Primary responsibilities at base camp
- Food, equipment and vehicle prep for trips
- Ongoing maintenance around base camp including, laundry, cleaning, light repairs
- Ongoing support to the woods team
- On call field instructor
Key competencies required to be successful in this role
Leadership, Communication, Initiative
Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Team Work
This role is all about flexibility as it supports our teams at base camp and in the field.
The role is challenging and rewarding for the right candidate. If you are passionate about the outdoors, and want to make a difference, we want to hear from you!
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jennifer Rutledge, Director of Human Resources or fax to 519-925-9220, mail to 606060 River Road, Mulmur ON L9V 0S9.
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.