Location: Orillia, ON
Salary: $19.61 +commensurate with experience (Wage level 6)
The ideal candidates will possess strong leadership, relationship, communication and positive role modeling skills. This position reports to the Transition House Therapist with responsibilities that include but are not limited to; organizing, leading and participating in student’s daily academic, work, recreational and therapeutic activities.
- Develop and sustain appropriate interpersonal relationships with students, peers, supervisors, and community stakeholders to ensure open, constructive communication critical to the success of the program
- Ensuring the physical and emotional safety of students during the night
- Remaining awake through the night and respond to all emergencies and incidents.
- Supporting students in following expectations and rules of the transition house.
- Contribute as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team to evaluate student progress and plan individual modifications as required.
- Provide written reports as required in a timely and comprehensive manner.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Police Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment and a sense of humour.
- CYW diploma or equivalent
- Some experience with and training in child and youth care practices.
- Experience working in outreach or community placement services
- Experience in addictions and mental health field considered an asset
- Knowledgeable about the community of Orillia preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development.
- Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR.
- Valid driver’s license
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jess Bondy, Human Resources Manager, [email protected]nstitute.com or by Fax 519-925-9002 or mail to 606060 River Road, Mulmur ON, L9V 0S9
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute ensures that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.