Part-Time 20 hours
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Mulmur, ON
The ideal candidate will demonstrate good time management skills, be well rounded in general repair, detail oriented with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Perform preventative and minor maintenance on mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems and other equipment as required
- Perform minor repairs on lights, doors, locks, washroom fixtures, drywall, painting, ceiling tiles, floor tiles, other areas/equipment as required to maintain the health and safety standards
- Grass cutting and minor landscaping work
- Snow removal from sidewalks & entrances using manual and power equipment
- Keep all vehicles and equipment clean and taken for regular maintained.
- Be a team player by supporting and encouraging fellow colleagues and other employees, students of PRI
- Work cooperatively with the Cleaner Supervisor/Maintenance Coordinator regarding day to day maintenance of the facility and be flexible to changes based on needs
- Other duties as required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Completion of secondary school
- Ability to operate equipment and hand-power tools applicable to the role including but not limited to tractor, lawnmower, snow-blower, trimmer, etc.
- Ability to work independently and with other team members as necessary
- Experience in minor building repairs including electrical, plumbing, drywall and painting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous supervisory experience an asset.
- WHMIS Certified
- Clean Police check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program. For more information, please see our website www.pineriverinstitute.com.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to Jennifer Rutledge, Director, Human Resources; at [email protected] or mail to 606060 River Road, Mulmur ON or by fax to 519-925-9220
We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA}, Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non- discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.