Sunday (12 hour shift) & Mon-Wed (8 Hour shifts)
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Orillia, ON
Salary: $22/hour (Wage level 6)
The ideal candidates will possess strong leadership, relationship, communication and positive role modeling skills. This position reports to the Transition House Therapist with responsibilities that include but are not limited to; organizing, leading and participating in student’s daily academic, work, recreational and therapeutic activities.
- Support all daily life-skill routines (self-care, cleaning, laundry, etc.)
- Participation in and facilitation of group meetings & discussions
- Guiding and supporting students’ engagement in daily programming schedule and house expectations
- Facilitate/co-facilitate all therapeutic/life-skills programming
- Support youth in identifying and accessing community engagement opportunities (ie: job search/resume development, recreation clubs/programs)
- Support family communications as necessary
- Coordination of student tasks within home environment (ie: academic support)
- Support student organization and teamwork of scheduled chores
- Mentor new YC employees through their onboarding process
- Development of student action plans
- Coordination of student recreational activities and life-skills development
- Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team to evaluate student progress and support individual plan modifications as required
- Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program are fulfilled
- Ensure individual therapeutic plan for the students are realized
- Manage and deescalate crisis situations that may arise at Lang House and/or with Lang House students in the community
- Provide written reports as required in a timely and comprehensive manner
- Meal planning, budgeting and purchase, support student preparation of meals and related kitchen duties
- Create and maintain a safe environment for students within the home
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Police Clearance with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment and a sense of humour.
- Diploma or University degree in relevant area
- Some experience with and training in child and youth care practices.
- Experience working in outreach or community placement services
- Experience in addictions and mental health field considered an asset
- Knowledgeable about the community of Orillia preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development.
- Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR.
- Valid driver’s license
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jess Bondy, Human Resources Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or by Fax 519-925-9220 or mail to 606060 River Road Mulmur, ON L9V0S9 by Friday September 22nd 2023
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute ensures that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.