Pine River Institute is a unique treatment center for youth 13 to 19 years of age struggling with substance abuse and addictive behaviours. Our program encompasses four seamless phases that include Outdoor Leadership Experience, Live In, Transition, and Aftercare; which create opportunities for youth to engage in a focused transformation of therapy, education, recreation, life skills, alongside a parental/caregiver parallel process.
As an employer, PRI endeavours to create an environment where staff can reach their full potential through ongoing learning. Our workplace strives to embrace individual differences, to recognize, appreciate, and respond to uniqueness, to encourage every member of our team to bring their whole self to work.
Are you interested in working alongside our mission driven team of passionate professionals?
Position: Full Time Therapist- 1 year Internship
Start Date: June or September 2024
Location: Mulmur, On, (however rotations at our Orillia and Sundridge locations will be provided)
Reports to: Clinical Director
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication and positive role modeling skills and a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
The candidate will be assigned mentors through out their internship with a goal of building their clinical skills to gain experience.
Areas of Learning:
- Clinical Leadership with a team of staff and students
- Individual and family therapy
- Clinical guidance regarding students’ needs and their therapeutic treatment plans
- Physical and emotional safety of the students and staff
- Report completion
- Communication with parents and students
- Contribute to research and evaluation activities
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Graduate degree in a relevant therapeutic field
- Registration with a relevant professional association in progress
- Demonstrated track record of working effectively with professional, collaborative groups
- Proven ability to make and sustain excellent interpersonal relationships
- Strong , flexible and results-driven style
- Excellent demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Clear certification of Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check is required
We offer a competitive compensation and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jess Bondy, Human Resources Manager email@example.com or by fax at 519-964-8440, or mail to 606060 River Road, Mulmur, Ontario L9V0S9
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA}, Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.