Start Date: June 2022
Location: Shelburne, Ontario, with some travel to Toronto, Orillia, and Huntsville area
Pine River Institute is a live-in treatment center for youth 13 to 19 years of age struggling with substance abuse and addictive behaviours. Our program includes; a therapeutic wilderness program phase near Algonquin Park, followed by a live-in phase at our campus located on a 200-acre site 100 kms northwest of Toronto. Our program uses a progressive discharge approach that is complemented by an aftercare program. Our family-centered program is innovative and highly structured, and creates opportunities for adolescents to engage in a focused transformation process through a fusion of education, therapy, recreation, and life skills. The majority of our students are from Ontario. We receive funding support from the Ministry of Health and academic support through the Ministry of Education.
The Director of IT and Transformation, will be responsible for overseeing, managing and evolving all aspects related to PRI/PRF technology services, and infrastructure universe. This role is critical to the organization’s Strategic Plan, in particular the ambition to maximize community and stakeholder engagement by becoming a ‘data driven’ association and improve the organization’s internal systems.
The new Director will have the opportunity to implement a planned technology strategy for PRI. In doing so, they will evolve the role of IT from a function primarily concerned with providing hardware and productivity tools, to an enabler of PRI’s technology transformation process.
The new Director will be required to manage existing systems and lead the standardization and implementation of new projects from inception through to delivery into a production environment, and to manage all IT capabilities.
Critical IT Systems to be enhanced, implemented, developed and supported are related to unified communication, project management, financial/operational/donor management and web platforms.
The Director will work closely with all staff, to cater to the needs of users within the context of their environment. The collaborative and consultative nature of the role requires a capacity to work with people at all levels in the organization.
An initial priority for the new Director will be to devise and implement an effective unified communication and bandwidth expansion plan.
The Director of IT and Transformation will report directly to the Director of HR and Operational Support and will have some general responsibilities for the association’s overall strategy and work planning; participation in the senior management team meetings will be requested when relevant.
- A degree in information technology or related fields (computer science; information science; software engineering)
- A relevant project management qualification or equivalent work experience
- A range of experience in hardware, operating systems, software and application use
- Experience in managing local networks in Windows environments
- Experience in server and web server administration and hosted environments
- Experience in writing RFP’s and supervising outsourced IT providers
- Systems roll out / implementation experience
- Experienced in platform integration and API;
- Knowledgeable of unified communication, networking and IP management
- Assessing current applications and recommending improvements
- Team leadership
- Dealing with 3rd parties and IT vendors Skills & Knowledge
- Strong User engagement and communication skills
- Ability to contribute to and implement organizational strategy
- Capacity to work with people at all levels in an organization and with people from many cultural backgrounds.
- Able to manage effectively a number of competing priorities
- A strategic thinker with the ability to lead by example demonstrating an ability to deliver set tasks, objectives and strategic priorities
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Assessing current methods and recommending improvements
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter by June 17th 2022 to Jennifer Rutledge, Human Resources, [email protected] or by Fax 519-925-9002 or mail to 606060 River Road, Mulmur Ontario L9V 0S9
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute ensures that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.