Reports to: Director of Finance
Location: Hybrid – Toronto, Ontario
Wage: Level 4: $28.82-33.65/hour
Pine River Institute is a live-in treatment centre for youth 13 to 19 years of age struggling with substance abuse and addictive behaviours. Our program includes; a therapeutic wilderness program phase near Algonquin Park, followed by a live-in phase at our campus located on a 200-acre site 100 kms northwest of Toronto. Our program uses a progressive discharge approach that is complemented by an aftercare program. Our family-centred program is innovative and highly structured, and creates opportunities for adolescents to engage in a focused transformation process through a fusion of education, therapy, recreation, and life skills. The majority of our students are from Ontario. We receive funding support from the Ministry of Health and academic support through the Ministry of Education.
Under the guidance of the Director of Finance, this role is responsible for the effective and efficient preparation of the accounting and financial reporting function of Pine River Institute. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, with an ability to self-audit work. This role has the opportunity for increased scope of responsibility.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Perform accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Prepare financial reports to budgets and/ or department summaries
- Prepare quarterly/year to date reports
- Manage and organize recordkeeping including general data entry and expenses
- Reconcile banking and credit card statements
- Reconcile accounting records to Donor Management software
- Respond to financial inquires both internally and externally
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Completion of an undergraduate diploma/degree in accounting
- Minimum 2-3 years accounting experience
- Experience in Sage 50 and Quickbooks accounting software
- Experience in payroll considered an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Strong recordkeeping and organizational skills
- Nonprofit experience considered an asset
- Experience in Raisers Edge Donor Management Software
- Experience with preparing financial information for Board of Directors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to Jess Bondy, Human Resources Manager,at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22, 2023. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all the recruiting processes are nondiscriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.