Join the adventure!
Are you an experienced outdoor enthusiast looking for a new challenge? Pine River is growing our
Outdoor Leadership Experience Program and we're hiring experienced Wilderness Field Instructors.
This unique opportunity combines wilderness field skills and leadership training to guide troubled youth
through the first leg of their journey to recovery.
Pine River's Outdoor Leadership Experience (OLE) Program is the starting point for change. During this phase of our holistic treatment program, youth live and work in nature in groups of up to eight peers and three staff.
Wilderness Field Instructors guide youth through this
6-8 week therapeutic wilderness experience: teaching basic wilderness skills, leading process groups, providing individual counseling, and mentoring youth to tap into their emotional and physical strength as they begin the process of rebuilding their lives.
The role is challenging and rewarding for the right candidate. If you want to make a difference and believe you have the right stuff, we want to hear from you!
- B.A., B.Sc., or college diploma in a related field
- WFR or Adv WFA with experience managing back-country medical issues
- Bronze Cross Certification (minimum) with NLS preferred
- Experience working with at-risk youth and young adults in a wilderness setting
- Clear certification of Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check
- Willingness to secure Canadian work permit, if required
- Valid F Class Driver’s Licence (obtained within 6 months of hire date, at employee’s expense)
In-field rotation of 8 days (near Huntsville), 3 days off, 3 days working at the campus near Shelburne, ON followed
by 7 days off.
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Gayle Dennison, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure
that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise
in advance of attending an interview.