RELIEF RESIDENTIAL YOUTH COUNSELLOR (RYC)
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Near Shelburne, Ontario .
Wage: $18.03/Hour + 4% vacation pay
(PRI) is a residential treatment program for youth 13-19 struggling with addictive behaviours and frequently other mental health issues. We are a family-centred program where wilderness, therapeutic, and academic programs come together in a unique, integrated treatment and education model. PRI's treatment approach is grounded in enhancing adolescent development and maturation. The PRI program is unique in Canada.
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication and positive role modeling skills, combined with a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
The role of the RYC is to organize, lead, and participate in daily academic, recreational, and therapeutic activities with the students, including:
· Daily life routines
· Group therapy activities
· Family Program activities
· Food preparation and related kitchen duties
· Off-campus trips
Providing exceptional leadership, mentoring and positive relationships with students through the following:
· Participation in and facilitation of group meetings & discussions
· Development of student action plans
· Coordination of student recreational activities
· Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team, to the evaluation of student progress and modification of individual plans, as required
· Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general, and the individual therapeutic plans for the students, are realized
· Provide comprehensive written reports as required in a timely manner
Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
· Education – CYW Diploma or equivalent
· Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment, and a sense of humour
· Some experience with and training in child and youth care practices
· Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional
· Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development
· Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR
· Clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jennifer Rutledge, Human Resources Manager. Fax 519-925-9002 or mail to P.O. Box 159, Shelburne ON L9V 3L8.
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute ensures that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.