RELIEF RESIDENTIAL YOUTH COUNSELOR (RYC) - Awake Overnight
Start date: ASAP
Location: Near Shelburne, ON
Wage: $16.83/hour + 4% vacation pay
Pine River Institute is an innovative co-ed residential treatment program for teens struggling with addictive behaviours. We are a family-centered program comprised of 4 phases: Wilderness (Outdoor Leadership Experience), Residential, Transition, and Aftercare. Every student, upon entering the program, spends 6 or more weeks in Huntsville before moving to the residence. Day-to-day activities in wilderness include canoeing, hiking, snowshoeing, group initiatives, group and individual therapy, and journaling. Youths live and work in nature in groups of up to eight, with three staff.
Our campus is situated on 200 acres of spectacular Niagara Escarpment land near Shelburne, Ontario. The program here includes outdoor education, individual, group, and family therapy, expressive arts, athletics, and life skills, as well as the more traditional academic offerings. We are currently seeking experienced Residential Youth Counsellor at the Shelburne campus.
The Awake Overnight RYC reports to the Program Manager with responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
· Ensuring the physical and emotional safety of students during the night
· (Approx. 10:00PM – 8:00AM) including visual checks every 15 minutes.
· Remaining awake through the night and respond to all emergencies and incidents.
· Providing exceptional leadership, mentoring and positive relationships with students.
· Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team to evaluate student progress.
· Organize, lead and participate in daily student activities including
· Daily life routines
· Food preparation and related kitchen duties
· Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plans for the students are realized.
· Complete any assigned administrative support duties in a timely and professional manner.
· Complete any housekeeping/maintenance support duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment and a sense of humour
· Some experience with and training in child and youth care practices
· Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional
· Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development
· Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR
Clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program. To learn more about Pine River please follow this link to our website -www.pineriverinstitute.com. Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Jennifer Rutledge, Human Resources Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 519-925-9220. We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.