Reports to: Clinical Director
Location: Near Shelburne, Ontario
Starting salary: $ 75000 +
Pine River Institute is a Residential Treatment Centre and Outdoor Leadership Experience for youth 13 to 19 struggling with substance abuse and the cluster of behaviours often associated with it. Our campus is located on a 200-acre site 100 kilometers northwest of Toronto, Ontario, and includes a residential program for 36 adolescents ages 13-19, an 8 youth therapeutic wilderness program near Algonquin Park, and an aftercare program, with an office in Toronto. Our family-centered program is innovative and highly structured , and creates opportunities for troubled teens to engage in a focused transformation process through a fusion of education , therapy , recreation , and life skills . The majority of our students are from Ontario, and are funded by the Ministries of Health and Education. We also work with families from across Canada, and internationally .
• Graduate degree in a relevant therapeutic field
• Registration with a relevant professional association
• Minimum of 5 years related experience, with at least 3 years in a residential treatment facility and/or wilderness program is preferred
• Demonstrated solid ability in providing individual and family therapy
• Experience in working with adolescents , addictions and mental health issues
• Familiarity with Relational, Systemic, and Experiential approaches to working with youth and their families
• Previous experience with treatment planning is essential
• Demonstrated track record of working effectively with professional , collaborative groups
• Proven ability to make and sustain excellent interpersonal relationships
• Strong, flexible and results-driven style
• Excellent demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Clear certification of Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check is required
• Understands the benefit and has experience in outdoor therapeutic programming
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide Clinical Leadership with a team of staff and students
• Ensure that the therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plans for the students are realized
• Provide individual and family therapy
• Provide clinical guidance regarding students' needs and their therapeutic treatment plans
• Ensure the safety, both physical and emotional, of the students and staff
• Ensure the appropriate , accurate and timely flow of reports and communication with parents and students
• Participate in research and evaluation activities
We offer competitive compensation and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program. For more information please see our website www.pineriverinstitute .com.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to Jennifer Rutledge, Manager Human Resources at email@example.com , mail to 606060 River Road, Mulmur ON L9V 0S9, Fax 519-925-9220, indicating the position of preference by October 25th, 2019. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA}, Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.