40 hours per week
Start Date: May 2019
Location: Mid-Town Toronto
Reports to: CEO
Salary Range: $45,000 to $55,000
Pine River Institute (PRI) is a residential treatment program for youth 13-19 dealing with addictive behaviour and often concurrent mental health issues. We are a family-centered program where wilderness, therapeutic, and academic programs come together in a unique, integrated treatment and education model. PRI's treatment approach is grounded in enhancing adolescent development and maturation. The PRI program is unique in Canada. PRI’s residential beds are funded primarily by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The organization is staffed by highly competent clinicians. Ongoing evaluation and outcome analysis is built in to PRI’s vision and mission and PRI has acquired a solid reputation in these areas.
Activities and expectations will include, but are not limited to the following:
Responsible to take initiative and provide leadership in all areas of administration such as;
· Managing scheduling, correspondence and document production for the PRI CEO
· Manage scheduling, meeting minutes, agenda action item tracking, document distribution and file system for a weekly senior management meeting as well as two management committees who meet quarterly
· Serving as Secretary to the Board
· Manage scheduling, agenda, document production and minutes for PRI Board of Directors and Board Committees, including organizing meeting facilities and catering as required Managing and updating the corporate books for Pine River Institute
· Serving as primary point of initial contact for all internal and external clients and stakeholders for the PRI Toronto Office: redirecting or resolving issues as appropriate
· Preparing PRI CEO by providing briefings and materials for meetings and presentations
· Tracking the reporting requirements and deadlines for Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care funding
· Independently researching, prioritizing and following up on multiple incoming issues and concerns, determining the appropriate course of action, referral and/or response
Toronto office management for PRI including:
· Ordering and maintaining office supplies, and managing office equipment and service contracts. Seeking approval for equipment purchases or service contracts from Finance Director
· Managing the corporate wireless plan, including monitoring voice and data usage, device replacement and plan modifications in conjunction with the PRI Director of Finance
· Overseeing records management for archiving corporate documents and data
· Coordinating IT support for technical troubleshooting
· Updating the Office Manual as required
· Liaising with Property Management for any landlord-tenant issues
· Assisting the Finance Director with banking and accounts payable
To ensure success, the Ideal candidate will have demonstrated
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting senior level executives, ideally within not for profit organizations, is required
· Post-secondary diploma from an executive administrative program would be an asset
· excellent written and oral communication skills, passionate attention to detail, comfort within dynamic environment requiring multi-tasking and strong organizational skills
· Advanced computer proficiency
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program with proven results.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward resume and cover letter to: Jennifer Rutledge, Human Resources Manager firstname.lastname@example.org by April 24, 2019.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please notify in advance of attending the interview.
We thank all applicants for your submissions and interest in Pine River. Please note that we will contact only those whose qualifications and experience we determine appropriate to proceed to an interview.