June 14 to 16 in Creemore, On
A professional development workshop for therapists and practitioners who want to learn and use the Satir Family Therapy Model in their practice.
Through a combination of didactic and experiential teaching, small group practice, and discussion, you will learn:
• the foundations of the Satir Family Therapy Model
• to incorporate the basic therapeutic beliefs of the model
• to help clients reduce the impact of past events and negative experiences
• to surface and identify communication and coping patterns
• to map clients’ internal processes
• to use experiential process throughout therapy sessions
• about yourself as a therapist, and how to make contact building a therapeutic relationship to stimulate healing energy and to connect with congruence and your compassion
Maria Gomori, Ph.D., M.S.W., Dip.C., is an internationally known therapist and teacher. She was a student, collaborator, and co-author with Virginia Satir for over 20 years. She is known for her unique & creative integration of abundant life experience & rich learnings from great teachers and systems. Maria has made significant contributions to psychiatric & social work training. She is an Approved Supervisor with the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), a retired Associate Professor with the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Manitoba, and has been a faculty member and advanced trainer with the Virginia Satir Global Network (formerly Avanta) since 1981.