Location: Near Shelburne, Ontario
Reports to: Program Manager
NOTE: Relief positions are open to qualified applicants on an ongoing basis.
Pine River Institute is an innovative co-ed residential treatment program for teens struggling with addictive behaviours and often other co-occurring mental health issues. We are a family-centered program comprised of 4 phases: Wilderness (Outdoor Leadership Experience), Residential, Transition, and Aftercare. Our campus is situated on 200 acres of spectacular Niagara Escarpment land near Shelburne, Ontario
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication, and positive role modeling skills, combined with a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Ensure the physical and emotional safety of students during the night (10:00 pm-8:00 am), including visual checks every 15 minutes.
· Remain awake through the night and respond to all emergencies and incidents.
· Provide leadership and mentoring, and develop positive relationships with students.
· Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team, to the evaluation of student progress.
· Organize, lead, and participate in daily student activities including:
o Daily life routines
o Food preparation and related kitchen duties
· Help to ensure that the therapeutic goals of the program in general, and the individual therapeutic plans for the students are realized.
· Complete any assigned administrative support duties in a timely and professional manner.
· Complete any housekeeping/maintenance support duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
· Sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment, and a sense of humour
· Experience and training in child and youth care practices
· Self-motivated and professional
· Commitment to personal growth and development
· Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Gayle Dennison, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pine River Institute is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.