Location: Near Shelburne, Ontario
Reports to: Program Manager
NOTE: Relief positions are open to qualified applicants on an ongoing basis.
Pine River Institute is an innovative co-ed residential treatment program for teens struggling with addictive behaviours and often other co-occurring mental health issues. We are a family-centered program comprised of 4 phases: Wilderness (Outdoor Leadership Experience), Residential, Transition, and Aftercare. Our campus is situated on 200 acres on the Niagara Escarpment near Shelburne, Ontario.
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication, and positive role modeling skills, combined with a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
The role of the RYC is to organize, lead, and participate in daily academic, recreational, and therapeutic activities with the students, including:
- Daily life routines
- Group therapy activities
- Family Program activities
- Academic tutoring and homework assistance
- Food Preparation and related kitchen duties
- Off-Campus trips
- Providing exceptional leadership, mentoring and positive relationships with students through:
- Participation in and facilitation of group meetings & discussions
- Development of student action plans
- Coordination of student recreational activities
- Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team to evaluate student progress and plan individual plan modifications as required.
- Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plan for the students are realized.
- Provide written reports as required in a timely and comprehensive manner.
Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- Education – CYW Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment and a sense of humour. Some experience with and training in child and youth care practices.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development.
- Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR.
- Valid Drivers License.
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Gayle Dennison, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.