NOTE: Relief positions are open to qualified applicants on an ongoing basis.
Location: Shelburne, Ontario
The RYC reports to the Program Manager with responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
Organize, lead and participate in daily student academic, recreational and therapeutic activities, including:
- Daily life routines
- Group therapy activities
- Family Program activities
- Academic tutoring and homework assistance
- Food Preparation and related kitchen duties
- Off-Campus trips
- Providing exceptional leadership, mentoring and positive relationships with students through:
- Participation in and facilitation of group meetings & discussions
- Development of student action plans
- Coordination of student recreational activities
- Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team to evaluate student progress and plan individual plan modifications as required.
- Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plan for the students are realized.
- Provide written reports as required in a timely and comprehensive manner.
Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- Education – CYW Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment and a sense of humour. Some experience with and training in child and youth care practices.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development.
- Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR.
- Valid Drivers License.
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Interested candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.