Part time, 3 days per week
Start Date: June, 2013
Reporting to the CEO, Pine River Institute, the Director of Communications will lead the internal and external communications activities including print materials, website, social media, e-newsletters/reports and to highlight, illustrate and positively position PRI programs and services to internal and external stakeholders.
The specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrated background and experience which supports a strong strategic understanding, focus and perspective combined with the interest and ability to be very “hands-on” in the role.
- Evidence of effective and well developed writing and editing ability and experience.
- Networking and interpersonal skills which have been shown to build effective working relationships with a variety of contacts; senior management, peers, employees, clients including parents, students and referring agents.
- Management and organizational skills capable of ensuring deadlines and multi-tasking requirements are consistently met.
- Analytical skills to analyze market and legislative information and trends, anticipate implications, create, report and suggest alternative solutions and recommendations.
- Experience, ability and knowledge to lead and take responsibility for the effective development and maintenance of the PRI website. The capability to secure and make use of the tools available and as introduced to maximize the full potential of the website in the evolving social networking and technical aspects of the internet.
- A “whatever it takes” attitude combined with enthusiasm for both the creation and hands-on management of effective communications within an educational and therapeutic operation. This requires aptitude for overseeing a multitude of daily details without losing sight of larger strategic goals; a sense of humour and an ability to remain focused under pressure.
- Ability to work within a limited budget and resourcefulness to execute well within limited resources
- Positive energy and outstanding interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and listen effectively and respectfully with a broad and diverse audience including employees, students, parents, community stakeholders, referring agents, and government authorities.
- Flexibility, resiliency, tenacity, good judgment and attention to detail. As the final eyes on most PRI communication products ensuring that they reflect well on the organization. A keen intellect, a drive for personal as well as organizational excellence, a strong work ethic and a positive attitude. High personal and professional standards and a reputation for honesty and integrity.
- Demonstrated experience in communications and marketing or related field ideally within a dynamic, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
University or College degree, preferably in a communications discipline and/or demonstrated equivalency in professional and work experience within the field.
Interested candidates should apply in writing to Gayle Dennison, Manager, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2013.
We thank all candidates who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.