Start Date: ASAP
Location: Near Shelburne, Ontario
Deadline for Application: April 1, 2017
Reports to: Program Manager
Pine River Institute (PRI) is a residential treatment program for youth 13-19 struggling with addictive behaviours and often other mental health issues. We are a family-centred program where wilderness, therapeutic, and academic programs come together in a unique, integrated treatment and education model. PRI's treatment approach is grounded in enhancing adolescent development and maturation. The PRI program is unique in Canada. Our residential beds are funded primarily by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. We are staffed by highly competent clinicians. Ongoing evaluation and outcome analysis are built in to PRI’s vision and mission, and we have acquired a solid reputation in these areas.
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication, and positive role modeling skills, combined with a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
The role of the RYC is to organize, lead, and participate in daily academic, recreational, and therapeutic activities with the students, including:
- Daily life routines
- Providing exceptional leadership, mentoring and positive relationships with students through,
- Participation in and facilitation of group meetings & discussions
- Development of student action plans
- Coordination of student recreational activities
- Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team, to evaluate student progress and individual plan modifications as required.
- Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general, and the individual therapeutic plan for the students, are realized.
- Provide written reports as required in a timely and comprehensive manner.
Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- Education – CYW Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment, and a sense of humour.
- Some experience with and training in child and youth care practices.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development.
- Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR.
- Valid Drivers F Class License or willingness to obtain within 6 months of hire.
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Gayle Dennison, Human Resources Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 519-925-9220.
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.