Start date: March 15, 2018
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Near Shelburne, Ontario
Pine River Institute is an innovative co-ed residential treatment program for teens struggling with addictive behaviours. We are a family-centred program comprised of 4 phases: Wilderness (Outdoor Leadership Experience), Residential, Transition, and Aftercare. Our campus is situated on 200 acres in the Niagara Escarpment near Shelburne, Ontario.
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication and positive role modeling skills, combined with a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
The Awake Overnight RYC reports to the Program Manager with responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the physical and emotional safety of students during the night
- (Approx. 10:00PM – 8:00AM) including visual checks every 15 minutes.
- Remain awake through the night and respond to all emergencies and incidents.
- Provide exceptional leadership, mentoring, and positive relationships with students.
- Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team, to the evaluation of student progress.
- Organize, lead, and participate in daily student activities including:
- Daily life routines
- Food preparation and related kitchen duties
- Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general and the individual therapeutic plans for the students are realized.
- Complete any assigned administrative support duties in a timely and professional manner.
- Complete any housekeeping/maintenance support duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment and a sense of humour
- Some experience with and training in child and youth care practices
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development
- Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR
We offer competitive compensation, and the opportunity to be part of an exciting and innovative program. To learn more about Pine River please follow this link to our website -www.pineriverinstitute.com
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Gayle Dennison, Human Resources Manager email@example.com or fax to 519-925-9220 by March 14, 2018.
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.