Start date: ASAP
Location: near Shelburne, Ontario
Reports to: the Team Therapist
Weekend shifts: Saturday, Sunday, Monday - 33 Hours
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication, and positive role modeling skills and will possess a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize, lead, and participate in daily student academic, recreational and therapeutic activities, including:
o Daily life routines
o Group therapy activities
o Family program activities
o Academic tutoring and homework assistance
o Food preparation and related kitchen duties
o Off-campus trips (may be overnight)
- Provide exceptional leadership, mentoring and positive relationships with students through:
o Participation in and facilitation of group meetings & discussions
o Development of student action plans
o Coordination of student recreational activities
- Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team, to the evaluation of student progress and modification of individual plans, as required.
- Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general, and the individual therapeutic plans for the students are realized.
- Provide written reports as required in a timely and comprehensive manner.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment and a sense of humour.
- CYW diploma or equivalent
- Some experience with, and training in, child and youth care practices.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development.
- Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR.
- Valid F Class Driver’s License (obtained within 6 months of hire date, at candidates expense).
Interested candidates should apply in writing to Gayle Dennison, Manager Human Resources at email@example.com by August 4, 2017.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.