Start date: ASAP
Location: near Shelburne, Ontario
Reports to: the Program Manager
FULL TIME - 4 NIGHTS PER WEEK
The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, communication, and positive role modeling skills combined with a work style that embodies creativity and initiative.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the physical and emotional safety of students during the night (Approx. 10:00PM – 8:00AM), including visual checks every 15 minutes.
- Remain awake through the night and respond to all emergencies and incidents.
- Provide exceptional leadership, mentoring, and positive relationships with students.
- Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team, to the evaluation of student progress.
- Organize, lead and participate in daily student activities including:
- Daily life routines
- Food preparation and related kitchen duties
- Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general, and the individual therapeutic plans for the students, are realized.
- Complete any assigned administrative support duties in a timely and professional manner.
- Complete any housekeeping/maintenance support duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated sound judgment, integrity, patience, commitment, and a sense of humour
- Some experience with and training in child and youth care practices
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and professional
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and development
- Valid First Aid Certification & Level ‘C’ CPR
- Valid F Class Driver’s Licence (obtained within 6 months of hire)
Interested candidates should apply with resume and cover letter to Gayle Dennison, Manager Human Resources at email@example.com by June 23, 2017.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.