Start Date: Feb 19, 2018 to August 2, 2019
Location: Shelburne, ON
Reports to: Director of Research & Evaluation
Pine River Institute (PRI) is a residential treatment program for youth 13-19 struggling with addictive behaviours and frequently other mental health issues. We are a family-centred program where wilderness, therapeutic, and academic programs come together in a unique, integrated treatment and education model. PRI's treatment approach is grounded in enhancing adolescent development and maturation. The PRI program is unique in Canada. Ongoing evaluation and outcome analysis is built in to PRI’s vision and mission and PRI has acquired a solid reputation in these areas.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Professional integration into a community of youths and staff
- Administering evaluation-oriented surveys to clients, family members, and staff
- Dataset development, data entry, maintenance, cleansing, and analysis
- Oversight of data entry by other PRI staff
- Contacting clients and families and summarizing call content
- Use of Client Record Management (CRM) system
- Assist with annual evaluation report (data tasks, writing, editing)
- Communication with evaluation partners (e.g., CRM vendor, research collaborators)
- Literature reviews & summaries
- Assist with liaising with university research partners toward hiring research interns
- Oversight of student interns
- Monitor available grants and assist with grant application
- Other duties related to research and evaluation, as required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- M.A. in Social Sciences or related field preferred
- B.A. or B.Sc. and 3 years relevant experience accepted
- Detail oriented and organized
- Experience in dataset creation, cleansing, and data analytics
- Experience working with complex and longitudinal datasets preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in literature reviews, summaries, reports, and manuscripts
- Professional and compassionate communication skills
- Nurturing individual who is aware of healthy boundaries and limit setting
- Ability to remain flexible, productive and efficient
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and professional
- GAIN Administrator Certificate an asset
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Interested candidates should apply to Gayle Dennison, Manager Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2018.
We thank all candidates who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute ensures that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending an interview.