Maximum 20 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Near Shelburne, Ontario
Reports to: Custodian Supervisor
The ideal candidate will demonstrate good time management skills, a passion for detail and cleanliness, and the ability to take initiative and to work independently.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with repairs in and around the school. Duties will include minor plumbing and electrical repairs, dry-wall, painting, snow shoveling around the school and portables.
- Back-up for cleaners for holidays and sick days – general cleaning duties, mopping, vacuuming, etc.
- Work cooperatively with the Maintenance Coordinator regarding day to day maintenance of the facility.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum Grade 10 education
- Experience maintaining and cleaning public buildings
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Able to prioritize duties and work within time allotted
- Knowledge of WHMIS & health and safety procedures related to maintenance and construction
- Worker Health and Safety Awareness Certification
- Clear certification of Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check
Interested candidates should apply to Gayle Dennison, Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com by Sept 6, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their submissions and interest in Pine River. We will contact only those whose qualifications and experience we determine appropriate to proceed to an interview.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Pine River Institute strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise in advance of attending the interview.